Most people listen to music at least once in their life time. As a writer, a student, and person who cannot sit still, I must listen to music while I work. Sometimes it can be distracting. Other times the music is a necessary thing for me to listen to in order to stay focused and be productive.
Also, music has been an impromptu inspiration for some short stories I have written. Music is an important part of my life. So, here is a sneak peek into my playlists. An opportunity to get to know me or judge me harshly because I am all over the place when it comes to my taste in music.
- “Never Let Me Go” by Florence + the Machine. That was the last song I listened to on Spotify.
- “Fire and the Flood” by Vance Joy. I’ve been jamming to that on repeat lately.
- “Vagabond” by Wolfmother. Ever since I heard that song in the movie 500 Days of Summer that song has been in the background when I have to write all night.
- “Something to Believe In” by Young the Giant. Lyrics from that song inspired me to write one of my short stories.
- “Don’t Need Nobody” by Ellie Goulding. That song I blasted on my iPod on repeat when I need to get my writing done. The beat drowns out the background noise.
- “This is Gospel” by Panic! at the Disco. This band levitates my stress from writing so much.
- “Song Like You” by Bea Miller. I play her when I need my characters to be angry at other characters.
- “Chocolate” by the 1975. This song gets me into a good mood and motivates me to do my work.
- “Somebody Else” by the 1975. This song gets me into sad moods when I need to write a sad scene in my stories.
- “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” by Fall Out Boy. This is the very first song I added to my playlist on Spotify.